Friday, February 22, 2008

february, BEGONE!!

Corrine comes back on Sunday.


The past six days have felt like an eternity, and I knew they would. And I won't make you all barf by lamenting on & on about how much I miss her, but this week has dragged on at the pace of a crippled snail. AND IT SUCKS.

At least I have plenty to keep me busy, like this godawful deadline I have looming over my head right now that's staring me in the face. Its angry snarl is only getting worse as the minutes tick away, and yet I am strangely unaffected by this. Is it apathy? Lack of motivation? Both? Yes, yes...probably both.

Next weekend, my parents come into town to pay me a visit before my birthday shenanigans render me completely useless for the following week or so. This means two good things are happening in March, my seminal Month of Good Luck, that are already making me want to send February fucking packing:

1.) My parents are going to meet Corrine, which is something that all parties involved are looking forward to;

2.) My birthday falls on a Sunday, which makes that previous Saturday the official party date.


This could be very bad, now that I think about it a bit more. St. Patty's Day falls on a Monday, which is going to be truly horrible for my chances of getting into work on time Tuesday, which is likely the day I'll have to be out driving around lower King County all day interviewing people about their family-owned Scandinavian pastry factories.

The invite list I made for the party is already bursting at the seams, and I fear for the establishment we invade that night before heading to the Mercury. (Did you really think we were going anywhere else?!)

Ah, March. My favorite month of the year. It looms so close.

GO AWAY, FEBRUARY.

No comments: